- Online security content: videos and articles.
- Videos on YouTube: youtube.com/@AllThingsSecured.
- Articles on allthingssecured.com (WordPress).
|Brand name||All Things Secured|
|Value proposition||Online security made simple|
Monetization (August 2022)
- Commissions through affiliate sales (62%). This includes sales of VPN software, password manager software, identity monitoring services.
- Advertising with direct sponsorships (17%). Sponsorships are handled with back and forth by email.
- Advertising with Google AdSense (13%).
- Sales of worshops (8%).
- Revenue: $25K/month, 5 years an a half after launch (February 2017).
Factor(s) of success
- Publishing high-quality content consistently for years: over 160 written guides and 110 videos.
- Publishing about a trending topic in an increasing market: online security.
- Benefitting from the YouTube algorithm, which brings new viewers organically. "YouTube is an incredible audience-building platform".
- Having an email list. New subscribers receive a sequence of emails that direct them to the best videos and articles. It is also a great way to gather recurring questions from the subscribers. It paves the way for creating paying content, such as courses.
- Podcast: How I Built This, by NPR.